Mountain View
biomedical and healthCAre Data Discovery Index Ecosystem
help Advanced Search
Title: Whole-exome sequencing identifies mutations of BCOR in acute myeloid leukemia with normal karyotype      
dateReleased:
12-16-2011
description:
Among acute myeloid leukemias (AML) with normal karyotype (CN-AML), NPM1 and CEBPA mutations define WHO provisional entities accounting for ~60% of cases, but the remaining ~40% remains poorly characterized. By whole exome-sequencing (WES) of one CN-AML patient lacking mutations in NPM1, CEBPA, FLT3, MLL-PTD and IDH1, we newly identified a clonal somatic mutation in BCOR (BCL6 co-repressor), a gene located in chromosome X. Further analyses showed that BCOR mutations occurred in 11/262 (4.2%) CN-AML cases and represented a substantial fraction (14/82, 17.1%) of CN-AML patients showing the same genetic background as the index patient subjected to WES. BCOR somatic mutations were: i) disruptive events similar to germline BCOR mutations causing the oculo-cranio-facial-dental (OCFD) genetic syndrome; ii) associated with markedly decreased BCOR mRNA levels, absence of full-length BCOR and absent or low expression of a truncated BCOR protein; iii) almost mutually exclusive with NPM1 mutations and frequently associated with DNMT3A and RUNX1 mutations, pointing to a cooperation between these events. Finally, BCOR mutations correlated with poor outcome among a cohort of 160 CN-AML patients (28% versus 66% overall survival at 2 yrs, P=0.024). Our results implicate for the first time BCOR in the pathogenesis of CN-AML without NPM1 mutations. AML samples with normal karyotype were studied. Molecular analyses were performed for BCOR mutations. 12 BCOR wild-type cases and 12 BCOR mutated cases were hybridized to gene expression micro-arrays.
privacy:
not applicable
aggregation:
instance of dataset
ID:
E-GEOD-30442
refinement:
raw
alternateIdentifiers:
30442
keywords:
functional genomics
dateModified:
06-25-2012
availability:
available
types:
gene expression
name:
Homo sapiens
ID:
A-AFFY-44
name:
Affymetrix GeneChip Human Genome U133 Plus 2.0 [HG-U133_Plus_2]
accessURL: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/arrayexpress/files/E-GEOD-30442/E-GEOD-30442.raw.1.zip
storedIn:
ArrayExpress
qualifier:
gzip compressed
format:
TXT
accessType:
download
authentication:
none
authorization:
none
accessURL: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/arrayexpress/files/E-GEOD-30442/E-GEOD-30442.processed.1.zip
storedIn:
ArrayExpress
qualifier:
gzip compressed
format:
TXT
accessType:
download
authentication:
none
authorization:
none
accessURL: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE30442
storedIn:
Gene Expression Omnibus
qualifier:
not compressed
format:
HTML
accessType:
landing page
primary:
true
authentication:
none
authorization:
none
abbreviation:
EBI
homePage: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/
ID:
SCR:004727
name:
European Bioinformatics Institute
homePage: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/arrayexpress/
ID:
SCR:002964
name:
ArrayExpress

Feedback?

If you are having problems using our tools, or if you would just like to send us some feedback, please post your questions on GitHub.